Post to Facebook!

Find the Way to Your Best Summer Today

Ever hear of the song that goes "Summertime, Summertime, sum-sum-summertime...?

As a child my summer was a mix of enjoying my friend's pool, traveling to visit my grandparents in Buffalo and trying to stay cool. Back in my day, we didn't have AC until my teens. To keep cool we swam mostly at Bar Beach near Roslyn. But at least once a summer, we'd head out to Jones Beach.

Jones Beach taught you how to deal with the waves and under toe. It was a favorite beach for Long Islanders who wanted the whole package - a boardwalk, sand and waves and open air restaurants or a pool.

Now, summer for this designer is a mix of work, relaxing and enjoying our Barnegat Bay and beaches.


Bucky looks great next to our new door color 
While I spend many hours in my office, designing, scheduling, etc. I am in full view of our home and the areas I'd like to spruce up. 

Like many of my clients, I'm busy and have only minutes to schedule the next project. 

To get things done, I've found the best plan is to choose at least one item that can be accomplished in a week.

Last week, our new side door (the prior week's project ) received a coat of paint that I love. It's Benjamin Moore Wythe Blue.
We also added a whale door knocker for that extra charm. 

The other story in this picture is our dog Bucky. Bucky had quite a bit of surgery and was recovering, but looking pretty good despite his ordeal. 




Dog and owners' doing fine. 


In the next blog post, I'll give you a peak at what I do to restore a feeling of 'Zen' in my busy life. 



M. A. Smith  LLC Interior Design
1288 Beauchamps Place, Toms River, NJ 08753
732 690-2030
Allied Member ASID

http://masmithinteriordesign.com
Blog: HouseZenGarden
Blog: BestDesignCoach.com
Serving New Jersey , NYC and CT 









No comments:

Post a Comment