Post to Facebook!

Goal Setting for 2016

With the holidays behind us, it's a great time to start thinking about the upcoming year. Like many of my clients, I have projects in my own home that are crying for help.

One of my projects is refinishing my wood floors. Another is to remove and replace the tile floors that flow from the Foyer into the Kitchen. I've pondered the best replacement solution for awhile. Do I replace the 12 x 12 tile with the ever popular wood plank look tile or install wood floors in lieu of the new style of tile?

Photo courtesy of Houzz
wood plank porcelain tile

Problem is either tile or wood could work. Both installations will take over a week. Also, my office has wood floors that need to be refinished. If I'm going to the trouble of replacing the tile, we might as well renovate and replace the kitchen cabinets.  

So you see, I'm right there with my clients who want to make a change this year. I can't go through another year with this to-do list on the back burner! What's a designer to do?


From my inspiration tear-sheet pages
Just love that transom window for the pantry
The first thing to get my project going is to gather my file of tear sheets from magazines of rooms and kitchens that 'call to me'. Second, I'm all about lists. So, I'll take out my lined pad and write down the pros and cons for tile vs. wood. The kitchen cabinet part is easy, it will be white cabinets. And, while the kitchen layout will remain the same, we will remove some upper cabinets and use floating shelves instead for plates, cups, etc.

Enough for now! Time to get back to work. In the meantime, what's on your list this year?

Fast Track Interior Design - interior design plan that gets your project to goal

M. A. Smith LLC Interior Design
1288 Beauchamps Place, Toms River, NJ 08753
732 690-2030

E-mail: masmith@masmithinteriordesign.com

Allied Member ASID

http://masmithinteriordesign.com
Blog: HouseZenGarden
Blog: BestDesignCoach.com
Serving New Jersey and Metropolitan New York City





 


No comments:

Post a Comment