Post to Facebook!

Why you should do it now or else..


Photo courtesy of John and Mary Ann Thesing's Garden

Why you should do it now or else....

If you have a few to-do lists as I do, you may notice there are those items that never get done.

For instance, on my list this spring is 'weed garden'. However, last fall's list includes "plant ground-cover to prevent weeds." So, when I set out to tackle the weeds last week, I not only had a lot of weeds, but I had to weed fast to avoid all the mosquitoes we have because of this winter's warm temps. Obviously, I did not get to the 'plant ground-cover' item and so I am paying the price now.

You would think after years of gardening, I would know that using ground-covers can save you from hours of weeding. Well, even though I do know that, I didn't follow through. If only I paid attention to my list last fall, the weeding and those mosquito bites may not be an issue that I have to deal with now!

So the message today is - pay attention to all the items on your to do list. For me, once I plant those ground-covers - weeding will no longer take up space on my to do home to-do list of things I really enjoy doing - like planting perennials, or re-decorating a room.

What is that one item on your list, that you could grab hold and deal with today - for once and for all?


No comments:

Post a Comment